Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My First Mother's Day

Last month, I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day as a mommy to my little sweetheart! That morning before church, she gave me a present: an entire morning full of smiles, the first time that I'd seen her smile while she was awake. Then she slept through all three hours of church and was a good girl for the rest of the day. In our ward, instead of giving all the mothers the stereotypical half-dead carnation, we got two thick pretzels dipped in caramel and milk chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate. While I made dinner (pork roast, mashed potatoes, and gravy), I called my mom to wish her a happy Mother's Day. Then my brother called me, which I thought was very sweet of him. After dinner, Todd gave me his present: a pint of Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra ice cream, which is the best ice cream in the world! Half of it is caramel flavored ice cream and the other half is chocolate ice cream with fudge chips in it. Down the center is a solid core of caramel an inch in diameter. I'd already eaten one of my pretzels, but I dipped the other one in my ice cream and it was a fabulous flavor explosion of chocolate and caramel!! I ate the entire pint in one sitting, and didn't even feel bad about it. Although I did give Todd a spoonful or two.
 

While I was savoring my ice cream and pretzel, Todd put in the LDS version of Pride and Prejudice, which is my favorite movie. Then he put the baby to bed and went to bed himself. When I went in to join him a little bit later, I found a homemade card on my pillow. It was so cute that I almost cried, although when I told Todd about it the next morning he was slightly disappointed that I didn't actually cry. Silly man. I love him, though. And, of course, I love my little sweetie and I'm so glad I got to celebrate being her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment