Sunday, October 6, 2013

Nightmare

Last night was apparently a bad one for our girls. Elizabeth wasn't feeling well and needed to snuggle with her Mommy for a couple of hours so she could sleep. Unfortunately, her stuffy nose made her snore, so I didn't get much sleep while she was in with us. When Todd put her back in her own bed, I was able to sleep for a few more hours before being awakened by a pitiful wail from Evie as she called my name. She sounded really upset, so I called her into our room, and pulled her into my side of the bed. She was crying, so I asked her what was wrong. She answered that I had left her and she didn't know where I was. It turns out that she'd had a bad dream and was still waking up from it. In this dream, I'd taken her somewhere she didn't know, then I'd gotten her out of the car and left her on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Then I'd driven off without her, and she'd tried to follow after me but she got lost. I told her that everything was alright, and that I was right there with her. Then she clutched tight to me and said, with tears streaming down her face, "Mommy, don't leave me this time!" Oh, my heart broke; it was the saddest thing I'd ever heard from my sweet little girl. I spent the next little while holding her tight to me while I assured her that I love her and will always be there for her if she needs me. I don't know where this little nightmare came from, but I hope she knows that I will never abandon her, and that I will always do my very best to keep her safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment