Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

On this beautiful autumn day, I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to count the many blessings the Lord has given me. First of all, I am thankful for my family.
My parents raised me to have faith in my Heavenly Father and to act on what I knew to be right. They taught me to gain an education and to be always learning.
Because of them, I attended Brigham Young University, where I met my husband. I am thankful that I found such an intelligent, handsome, talented, funny, loving man and that, by some miracle, he fell in love with me too.
I'm thankful that we were able to be sealed together for time and all eternity in the Lord's holy temple.
I am thankful that, because of that sealing, all of our children will be born in the covenant and be part of our family forever. I'm thankful that we were blessed with such a beautiful, happy, smart, healthy, lively little girl and for the joy and laughter that she brings into our lives.
 I'm thankful that we're able to take care of that sweet girl through gainful employment.
I'm thankful that we have food to eat, medicines to heal us, and modern technologies to make our lives easier. I am thankful for wonderful friends who share so much of themselves with us. I am thankful for music, art, and literature. I am thankful for love, laughter, and beauty. I am thankful for this gorgeous world, my good health, and my life itself. I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father.
I am thankful that through Christ's Atonement, all of these blessings are possible, especially the gift of eternal families.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment