Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Little Grocery Shopper

The morning started with our last WIC appointment for Evie. She is weighing in at 18 pounds, 3 ounces and she's 25 inches long. Then we went grocery shopping for her food, which she helped Mommy pick out. She gets 7 cans of formula, 28 jars of fruit/veggie purees, 2 boxes of infant cereal, and 2 pounds of fresh bananas. I was originally going to get the same Beech Nut brand that we usually get, but since it was her last set of coupons, I picked out the Gerber 2-packs of purees, even though they're not quite 4 ounces each, because they had some interesting sounding flavors that I wanted Evie to have the experience of trying. I chose every flavor they had, and only had 13 2-packs, so I told Evie to choose the last flavor herself. She picked peaches, which is what she'd originally chosen for the Beech Nut brand. She's one smart little girl! Then I went to get a bunch of bananas and found one that I thought would work. Evie, though, wanted the bunch right above the one I'd chosen. I told her, "That one's nice, Baby, but let's try weighing this one instead." My bunch ended up weighing almost 3 pounds, so I tried Evie's: it weighed exactly 2 pounds! I was very impressed. I think she should be Mommy's little grocery helper more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment