Friday, March 2, 2012

Growing Anticipation

Baby Jacobs is growing quickly. Every day (and every night!), I can feel the baby becoming more and more active. Todd has been able to feel some of the flips and kicks as well, and a couple of nights ago, I actually saw my belly shift! My excitement is growing at the same pace as our precious little baby. Last week, I was at work talking to a couple of folks about the head and body supports that fit into car seats for smaller babies. All of a sudden, I had a vision of Evie's tender little head when she was brand new and tiny and I was suddenly overwhelmed with an urgent yearning to hold another newborn in my arms, and swamped with a flood of love for my tiny baby.
On the 13th of February, I had my second doctor's appointment. My doctor apparently isn't concerned about the fact that I only gained three pounds in the first half of my pregnancy. He said as long as I gain my 25 pounds in the last half, my baby and I will be fine. I do feel a little bit better because my belly is actually getting bigger lately, slowly but steadily. Todd and I can definitely tell, and even some of my friends from work have told me that they can tell I'm pregnant now. While I was at the doctor's office, I made an appointment for my diagnostic ultrasound. We're doing it a couple of weeks later than most people want to, but we were waiting for Todd's health benefits to kick in before having the ultrasound so that the cost can go towards our deductible. Besides, those extra couple of weeks are just making our baby that much more mature so that it will be easier to see all of the organs and make sure that they're operating properly. Plus, we'll definitely be able to find out our baby's gender without any ambiguity! I'm so excited!! All I can think about lately is that I get to meet my baby at 1:00 pm on the 6th of March--only 4 days away! Todd is going to come to the hospital on his lunch break so he can be a part of that special experience. I know that we're both looking forward to seeing this little one and making sure that he/she is healthy and developing on schedule. Tune back in 4 days from now for an update on our little munchkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment