Sunday, September 23, 2012

18 Months!

My baby is getting so big! Today was her first day of nursery! She wasn't even concerned, either. She let me get one brief picture of her, then she was in the door and playing with toys without even looking back. I, on the other hand, had very bittersweet feelings about the whole situation.
Who said she could get so big? I didn't! And as there are only two of us who are her parents, I think that Todd's been secretly signing waivers behind my back, allowing her to grow up. Anyway, once Evie had abandoned me to go to nursery, Todd volunteered to take the baby with him, and I was left to go to Relief Society by myself. It was a decidedly odd feeling, and I almost didn't know what to do with myself. I actually missed my babies and felt sort of lonely.
I was telling Todd the other day that he is my best friend. But Evie is also one of my best friends, and I asked him if it was pathetic that one of my best friends is only 18 months old. He was diplomatic and side-stepped the question, but it's true. I look forward to seeing Evie every morning, and I love hearing what she has to say (and what a lot it is; this girl talks all the time! I'm compiling a list of all the fun things she says, and I'll post it at a later time). She's growing into her own little person, and she's so funny! I love staying home with her and witness her growing up. I just sometimes wish that she wasn't growing up quite so quickly. Anyway, congratulations, Evie, on being my big 18-month old girl! Mommy is so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment