Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fun in the Sun

On the 4th of July, the day we brought Ella home from the hospital, Todd's family threw a party for us, welcoming Ella to the family. They gave us cute outfits for both girls, fun toys for Ella, and an adorable swimsuit and some swim diapers for Evie. Yesterday was my niece's birthday, so we all spent the day at Aurora Reservoir, and Evie got to use her cute new swimsuit.
On the way to the reservoir, I got my hair cut into a chin-length bob so I could take advantage of the breeze. Apparently, I look pretty good with "Mom hair." When we got to the beach, we pitched our chairs and ate some really yummy bacon, ranch, and chicken sandwiches that Jenette brought. Then, we set the kids loose to go play in the waves.
Evie had an absolute blast playing in the water with her cousins!
She loved splashing around with her toes.
Mariah, her older cousin, kept a really close eye on her so she'd be safe while exploring.
I only needed to go down to the water to take cute pictures!
At some point, Evie stole her Aunt Margot's hat and was walking around wearing it.
I kept expecting the hat to fall off, but she somehow kept it perched on her little head.
While Julia was opening her presents, Evie got bored and decided to head back out to sea.
I would hurry to get back in front of her...
But she would just walk around me and keep on going.
Finally, after yummy cupcakes, Todd took her out to the water while I stayed behind with the baby.
I'm actually really impressed with the clarity of the shots I was able to get. I was sitting at least 100 ft away, and was pointing my camera through two slats in the fence in front of me!
The two of them had lots of fun playing in the sand.
After her bath, Evie got to snuggle in her brand-new towel!
When Elizabeth was born, we were given a gift card for Target. Evie had outgrown her hooded baby towel, so on Friday, we decided to take her to pick out a big-girl towel of her very own. We put her down and let her pick out the color she wanted. She picked out this one and a bright pink one, but finally settled on the orange. She hadn't had a chance to use it yet, so when we got home from the Reservoir last night, we gave her a bath to get rid of all the sand, and wrapped her in her big orange towel. It's very fluffy, and she didn't want to take it off! I think that she definitely had lots of fun yesterday, and looks forward to wearing her cute swimsuit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment