Thursday, August 30, 2012

Big-Girl Bed

Around the same time that we got Evie her shoes, Todd put together her toddler bed. My problem is that I don't get around to taking pictures of things until well after they take place. I'm trying to get better, though!
Anyway, I decorated her bed with the sheets, blanket, and quilt that my mom made for her before they came last week for Ella's baby blessing. I decided to get pictures of both Evie's toddler bed and Ella's cradle. The fabric on both beds is the same Jungle Babies theme that I love so much and have been using since Evie was born.
I still can't believe that Evie is big enough to sleep in a toddler bed!
At the head of her bed is her beloved stuffed giraffe.
A full-length shot of the whole bed.
This used to be Evie's tummy-time quilt, but now it lives on her bed, guarded by her stuffed lion.
Evie's bed in all its big-girl glory!
Remember the cradle? Here it is, all decked out for Ella!
A full-length shot of the cradle, featuring Ella's very own fuzzy blankie.
You can see here how the girls' beds are arranged. Our bedroom is on the other side of that orange wall.
At the head of the cradle is Ella's elephant that my mom got to match Evie's giraffe.
For the most part, Evie has been pretty good at staying in her bed. Right at first, she fell out a couple of times, so I keep my body pillow tucked under her bed and we pull it out at bedtime so she has something soft to land on if she falls out again. She's also discovered how to climb out, and we've had a few power struggles trying to get her to stay in her bed when she wants to get out and play. Overall, though, Evie is excited about being a big girl and likes her big-girl bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment