Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Goodies for Boobies

I did it! I've managed to nurse Elizabeth exclusively for 3 whole months! I'm especially proud of myself after the whole debacle with Evie, and my goal is to nurse Elizabeth exclusively until she's 6 months before introducing her to solids. I must say, though, that I'm a big fan of some amazing products that make the whole experience just a little easier.
First of all, my trusty breast-pump that I received from WIC while in Utah. This thing is helping me keep my supply up and store several ounces of milk in the freezer.
Next, something to store the milk in. Honestly, I'm not super thrilled about these bags because they seem to keep bursting, but they're what I have. And, I currently have over 25 ounces of milk stored in these freezer bags!
I had this nipple butter left over from my attempts with Evie. It smells vaguely of raisins, but it does the job of stopping the pump from rubbing me, and helps prevent cracking and soreness.
This is seriously one of my favorite nursing products ever! Not only do the cups help keep my clothes from rubbing against me when I'm sore, but they also collect the milk that leaks out so I can save it instead of letting it going to waste!
I borrowed Lindsay's Boppy pillow when she came for Elizabeth's blessing and immediately went out to get one of my own. It really helps keep Elizabeth in the right position and tucked in close to me when she nurses.
All together, these items really make nursing lots easier than it would be otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment