Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Happy New Year

The year 2011 held many blessings for our little family:
  • Our beautiful Evie girl was born in March, bringing her sweet little spirit into our lives and allowing us to get a taste of what Heaven is like.
  • Todd's family kindly offered us a place to live when we moved to Colorado.
  • After looking and praying for quite a while, Todd and I were both offered jobs within a week of each other so we could pay our bills.
  • We found out that our prayers for another precious baby to join our family were immediately answered.
  • Despite the scary news that my dad has cancer, we've since been informed that everything will be okay and he will make a full recovery from his surgery.
  • Todd was offered a full-time position at Dish Network with even better pay than he asked for and health benefits for our family.
  • We got to celebrate Evie's first Christmas as a family, and were able to afford presents for everyone this year.
These may seem like little things to everyone else, but they have been huge to us! The year 2012 already promises more great things for our family, and I hope to be able to fulfill all of these resolutions in the coming months:
  • Have a great pregnancy and deliver another healthy baby in early July
  • Find the perfect lullaby for that second baby
  • Sing songs and hymns to my babies daily
  • Read stories to my babies daily 
  • Finish Evie's baby book, and start on the next one
  • Read the Book of Mormon to my babies, and finish by the end of the year
  • Spend time reading good books that I enjoy instead of watching so much TV
  • Have more deep and meaningful conversations with my husband 
  • Clean one area of my living space every day
  • Learn as much about my work as I possibly can before going on maternity leave
  • Refrain from evil speaking about other people
  • Sincerely forgive those who have hurt me
  • Accomplish 100% visiting teaching for the year
My goals are mainly focused on becoming a better wife, a better mommy, and a better person. I want to teach my children how to be loving, intelligent, spiritual, organized, musical, and interesting people, and right now I have to teach by example. That means that I have to work on being more loving, intelligent, spiritual, organized, musical, and interesting! I'm sure that there will be days when I fall short of what I hoped for, but I'm also sure that these goals are attainable and that I can be a new and improved woman by the end of this year. In the meantime, I wish you all a very happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment