Thursday, January 26, 2012

Baby Craves...

In this post, I talked about what I craved when I was pregnant with Evie. So far, my cravings patterns are fairly close to what they were with her, but there are some interesting differences.

With Evie:
Chinese--my first craving was for Mongolian Grill.
Mexican--I was craving red burritos from Los Hermanos.
Pizza--Evie didn't like pizza, and would make me sick or throw up every time I ate any brand of it.
McDonald's--I practically lived on chicken McNuggets.
Sandwiches--I also lived on grilled cheese sandwiches.
Cereal--All I wanted for breakfast (and to snack on) was Froot Loops

Sweets--I wanted gooey caramel popcorn and warm fudgy brownies.


Right Now:
Chinese--my first craving was for sesame chicken and beef lo mein.
Mexican--I really want chicken enchiladas right now.
Pizza--I want pizza all the time now, although certain brands still make me sick.
McDonald's--This baby doesn't like anything by McDonalds. Or Burger King, for that matter.
Sandwiches--Grilled cheese doesn't sound good anymore, but I really want grilled tuna sandwiches.
Cereal--All I want for breakfast (and to snack on) is Honeycomb.
Sweets--I still want gooey caramel popcorn, but instead of brownies I want chocolate covered pretzels.

The power of suggestion is especially strong for me right now. If I'm watching a show and the characters eat spaghetti, I immediately want spaghetti. If I see an advertisement for berry smoothies, then berry smoothies immediately sound really good. (Dang it. Now I really want a berry smoothie!) It helps that I never get morning sickness and my appetite never really goes away when I'm pregnant. For me, both times, I got about 5 migraines in the first trimester, but they went away before the second trimester started. That's it! The rest of pregnancy is pretty smooth sailing. The only weird thing I've noticed with this baby is that, while food looks and sounds amazing, I simply don't have the room in my tummy to eat all I want to, but that's probably just because my uterus is getting a jump-start on growing.
My typical prepregnancy weight is right around 125/130. With Evie, I dropped just a couple of pounds right at the beginning of the first trimester, but I gained what I was supposed to by the time I had Evie. This time, I'm a little more concerned, because at my first appointment I weighed in at 119. That was after almost 3 months of pregnancy, and I haven't been that small since middle school! I'm trying to see the good in the situation, though. At least this means that I don't have a problem losing the baby weight. And it also means that I don't feel guilty lusting after all of the munchies that jump out at me. Bring on the caramel popcorn! And I really do want a berry smoothie now...

No comments:

Post a Comment