Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hot Mama

Geez, Louise, it is warm in here! It figures, though. I'm normally very coldblooded, so when I was pregnant with Evie, I kept eagerly waiting for the heat wave that all of the other pregnant women I knew were experiencing. I thought "Well, I'm going to be pregnant during the winter, so maybe I'll actually be warm during those months for once!" It never happened. Instead of producing her own heat, Evie seemed to suck away what little body heat I was able to produce and hoard it for herself. Of course, as soon as she was born she became a little space heater who sweats while she naps, even if she's only wearing a diaper.
This time around, I seem to be making up for last time. I'm warm all the time and often feel like a sweaty melty mess, even at my air-conditioned work. And I'm not due until July...the middle of summer. So this time, instead of wanting gooey brownies fresh from the oven, I want Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra ice cream (seriously, the most delicious flavor in the world! Do yourself a favor and try it!) fresh from the freezer. And I might stand in front of the open freezer door while I eat it. Naked. Well, maybe not naked; we do live with my in-laws after all, so that particular dream will never be realized. Maybe next time! ;) Or, on the other hand, maybe next time my body heat will finally regulate itself and I won't tell a difference at all. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment