Thursday, November 1, 2012

Costumes and Candy

Halloween this year was really pretty fun. It was Elizabeth's first Halloween and Evie's second, which meant that she was just old enough to really get into it all and have fun. First of all, we had our annual Trunk-or-Treat at the church parking lot:
Elizabeth wore Evie's ladybug costume from last year
Evie's first Halloween costume
Since Evie loves lions so much, I thought it would be really cute for her to go as a lion for Halloween. She really was the cutest lion I'd ever seen!
As for me, I wore the same thing I always wear: my old black choir dress and my black cape. Todd passed out the candy.
Yesterday, on the actual day of Halloween, I dressed Elizabeth in her "Baby's1st Halloween" onesie. She was not thrilled. In fact, she was cranky pretty much all day, so I guess it was a good thing I'd gotten some pictures of her a couple of days ago when we were trying the costume on her!
Evie, on the other hand, had picked up on our excitement. This is her playing a game with Todd that we call "Oof-oof."

We had bought a little pie pumpkin for Evie to decorate. I let her use my Sharpies and she had a blast coloring her pumpkin. Then, we glued huge "gooly eyes" on her pumpkin, and it was finished!
After Todd got home, we carved our family pumpkin, the first either of us had carved in years. I designed the face and Todd carved. It wasn't super original, but all in all, I don't think it turned out too badly.
Finally, it was time to meet up with family to go trick-or-treating. Evie was really cute, but got tongue-tied every time she was supposed to say "Trick or Treat!" She would just stare up at people with her huge eyes and wait for them to put the candy in her orange pumpkin bucket. She would politely say thank you, though! When we were almost done with our circuit, Elizabeth decided that she was starving, so I had to skip the last couple of houses and rush to John's so I could nurse her while everyone else finished up. Once Evie showed up, she crawled directly into the dog's kennel. She looked very cute as a lion in her cage!
My friend from work had invited us over to her place for a party, so we said our goodbyes to our family and headed over. We were an hour late, but it turned out that we hadn't missed too much, so we were able to sit around talking, munching on yummy snacks, and we ended up playing Band Hero. Evie was very interested in the microphone, but when I handed it to her, she got shy.
Elizabeth was either cranky or asleep for the majority of the day, but I think Evie had a really fun night. Everyone thought that both of the girls were absolutely adorable in their costumes, and I really have to agree! I'm looking forward to next year, when both girls can enjoy their night of costumes and candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment