Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baby Bonks

My poor baby has a huge knot on her head!
Evie has her Daddy's hair pattern, which makes it really hard to do anything cute with it. Finally, this afternoon, I was able to pull some of her hair up into a little ponytail. I was admiring her and she was showing off her cute little ponytail when she suddenly lost her balance and bonked her head on a table chair leg. Tears immediately commenced. I thought she'd hit her nose, so once my sobbing baby had calmed down enough to let me take a look at her, I thought she was fine. Until I noticed the massive horn sticking out of her forehead and casting a shadow over the rest of her face! I went to get a bag of frozen corn, but by then she'd recovered enough that she was more interested in playing with the corn than holding it to her head. All of this took place in the space of about two minutes. I'm still a little worried about brain damage, though, because once she was allowed to go play again, she immediately went for the little plush Elmo she got for her birthday that she has never shown any interest in before, and started excitedly showing him to me while I looked on in dismay! To distract her from the evil Elmo, I took some pictures of the gigantic goose-egg. 
My cutie-pie with her livid bruise.
By now, she'd pretty much forgotten about her injury.
She's getting better at posing when I ask her to.
In this one, you can see both the cute ponytail and the dark shadow cast by her goose-egg.
Light vs. shadow wage war across her forehead.
She decided to come see what I was doing with the camera.
Then, to help further cheer her up, we went outside to wait for Daddy to come home from work. Evie really enjoys picking the bright yellow dandelions in the front yard, but she didn't quite know what to make of the fluffy white versions.
A couple of weeks ago, Todd taught her to blow on hot food before taking a bite. A few days later, I was giving her some Cheerios to snack on, and she blew on one before popping it into her mouth! It was one of the cutest little moments I've ever seen! I've also been trying to teach her how to blow kisses, but she doesn't quite have the hang of it yet. When we went outside, I tried showing her how to blow on the white dandelion fluffs and make them fly away. She really tried, but had more success just pinching them off with her little fingers. Todd came home while we were blowing the fluffs, and he carried her into the house, sympathizing with her owie. Of course, by now I don't think she even knew what he was talking about! Hopefully it'll look much better by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment