Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Small Miracle

Today, we finally got the bill from Evie's hospital stay in February. We've been waiting to hear if we were going to qualify for a complete discount because we were uninsured at the time, but I haven't been too optimistic. The most I've been hoping for is 20% off of the original bill. When I opened the bill today, I was kind of confused; I wasn't sure if the total was the entire amount we had to pay or if it was just one payment in a series of several to come. When Todd came home from work, I quietly handed the envelope to him and asked him to interpret the statement for me. It turns out that, not only did the hospital grant us a discount, they granted us a 90% discount! We only have to pay 10% of the total bill, an amount which we actually have saved up in our emergency fund! We can actually pay all of Evie's medical bills without adding another hill to our mountain of debt! I burst into happy tears because of this wonderful little miracle for our family, and I've been crying off and on ever since. It feels so good to have this huge weight lifted off of my chest, and I know that this is an answer to many prayers offered by us and on our behalf. In fact, I gave my mom a call just after we learned the good news, sobbing the whole time, and thanked her for praying for our family. I know that God knows our individual needs, and I'm so grateful for this small miracle in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment