Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dancing Queen

My baby loves to boogie! In this post, I related how Evie was fond of dancing to music while still in my belly. Well, now that she's out and has found her balance for the most part, she's also definitely found her rhythm! It doesn't really matter what kind of music is playing; she can rock out to Bon Jovi, or sway along with Enya. It's the cutest thing to be watching TV or something, and suddenly see her start bobbing along to the music. If she's kneeling on the ground, she'll bob her little bottom up and down. If she's standing and holding on to something, she'll wiggle that little bottom back and forth. And her sense of rhythm is actually pretty good, too! If she looks up and sees me watching her while she dances, she gets a huge grin on her face, and if I bob my head along with hers, that grin only gets bigger. And she loves dancing along with us. If I swing her up into my arms and start twirling around to a Journey song, she thinks it's the most fun ever and just laughs and laughs. She's also started singing herself to sleep, and her little songs are so precious! That little girl has music in her blood, and I know that Todd is thrilled that his baby loves music as much as she does. She loves listening to him practice his trombone, and she'll stop playing with her toys so she can go stand against his legs and gaze up at him while he plays. He's even started giving her one of his mouthpieces and showing her how to buzz into it. She obviously has no clue what she's doing, and she quickly gets self-conscious and shy, but those are adorable Daddy/daughter moments and I love that I get to witness them. Sometimes, she'll sort of buzz through her lips along with whatever he's playing, and even though the notes aren't right, it's cute to watch. One time, I even caught a video of it, but of course it was one of those where the sound wasn't working right. Grrr. And I was especially grumpy that it didn't work out because she actually had the mouthpiece in her hand! But here it is anyway so you can get a sense of what she does with her lips. You'll just have to imagine her sweet little voice, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment