Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Babies "R" Me!

I have a new job! Starting probably next week, I will be working for:I'm so excited! Because of our current financial situation, I can't be a stay-at-home mom, but if I have to work, at least it isn't fast-food. And even though I won't be with Evie all the time anymore, at least I'll be surrounded by cute baby stuff for her that I can get a discount on. Really, this seems like the perfect job for me right now and I think it's where I'm supposed to be. Actually, when I went in to ask if they were hiring and they said "Yes! We're hiring up a storm right now; go home and apply online!" I went out to my car and felt excited for the first time since I realized I was going to have to get a job. And for the couple of nights before I got called in for an interview, I kept dreaming I was selling strollers to other moms. When I told the manager that when she asked what department I'd prefer, she laughed and told me that they were actually looking for someone to work in the Baby Gear department. So once I'm trained on register and I've learned the highlights of the other departments, she's going to send me back to become one of the Baby Gear experts in our store. I think it'll be really fun to know all the particular details of each stroller, high chair, and car seat so I can help families find the perfect fit for them. Babies 'R' Us starts their employees at part-time at first, but it seems that there is room to move up in the store and the company and that it won't be too long before I could move up to a full-time or supervisor position. But even right now, I'm excited about this opportunity, and I feel like this is where I'm meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment