Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Tooth!

Evie will be six months old tomorrow, but she's already got a tooth coming in! I was in Relief Society on Sunday, with Evie's head on my shoulder. She'd been smiling at her aunt Margot and Margot suddenly turned to me and said, "I think Evie's getting a tooth!" Well, of course, I stuck my finger in and probed my baby's gums. Sure enough, there was a white, hard, and sharp little bump that hadn't been there before! In fact, Margot and Todd had checked the day before when they thought they saw something, but nothing was there yet.

The tooth hasn't completely emerged yet, so it's been almost impossible to get a picture of the little nub. It doesn't help that Evie always has her finger in her mouth or her tongue stuck out. Finally, after much wrestling, Todd was able to pry her mouth open long enough for me to get a quick picture. It still isn't perfect, but it's the best one I've gotten so far. The tooth is the tiny white bump just to the right of the center of her gums. I'm actually really surprised that Evie's getting teeth so early; I started getting mine when I was four months old, but I know most of my friends' babies didn't start getting some until they were almost nine months old. I'm excited, though, because now she'll definitely be ready for most of the yummy holiday foods that I'm so looking forward to sharing with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment