Friday, September 23, 2011

Miss Piggy

I think that Evie might be going through another growth spurt. After last night, she almost has to be. Usually Evie eats six ounces of formula at each meal, and we give her one meal of vegetables a day, followed by four ounces of formula to top her off. Last night, though, was different. For the first time, she ate the entire jar of peas, instead of only swallowing a couple of mouthfuls. Then, I fed her a couple of bites of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. She loved that! When she'd sucked all of the frosting off of my finger and I pulled away, she started crying and then the cry dwindled into a sheepish smile. After the cake, she still acted a little hungry, so I gave her the regular four ounces of formula. As usual, she started screaming as soon as the bottle was empty and I started burping her. Todd came and got her from me and took her downstairs, presumably so he could put her to bed. When I came downstairs a few minutes later, Evie was eating another bottle! I asked Todd how much he'd given her and he said five ounces. After that second bottle, our little piggy finally seemed full enough to go to bed! Instead of her regular six ounces, she'd eaten an entire jar of peas, two bites of cake, and nine ounces of formula, all in the space of only three hours! And she didn't throw any of it up, either. With an appetite like that, I figure she's got to be going through a growth spurt, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment