Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Sunshine!

Evie's favorite song is changing. Sometimes, when she's really upset about something, I still dust off "I've Been Working on the Railroad" to help calm her down, but those occasions are becoming rare. Instead, she's finally learning to recognize the song that I've been singing to her her whole life: "You Are My Sunshine." I sing that song to her all the time, and now she will sometimes stop whatever she's doing and smile up at me when she hears it. I think the words are simple but beautiful, and Evie perfectly personifies them:
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

Evie really is my sunshine! She is the constant bright spot in my life when everything else seems dark. Just one little smile warms my whole heart! How could anyone feel sad or angry when they see this beautiful face?

She really won't understand how much I love her until she's a mommy to her own child, but I love that little girl with my whole heart. She's MY little girl and I love being her Mommy! I love snuggling her while I sing this special little song to her. This is Evie's very own lullaby that I will sing only to her. My other children will also get different, equally special, lullabies for their very own, but this one will always be precious to me because it reminds me of my little Rae of Sunshine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment