Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Evie's Story

Evie is starting to really make her opinions and preferences known. For instance, her favorite show is "The Big Bang Theory." Every time the theme song starts to play, she whips her head around and stares at the flashing colors with a huge smile on her face.
Her favorite toy is her stuffed giraffe that my mom bought for her, although she does love her teddy bear too. Her favorite food is pears, and she yells at Todd if he doesn't shovel them into her mouth fast enough. Evie likes to clap; Mommy has been teaching her how, and she thinks it's so much fun. Daddy has been teaching her to reach out her arms whenever she hears the phrase "Come here!" And her favorite book is Love You Forever, written by Robert Munsch and illustrated by Sheila McGraw.
I rock her while I read it to her, which she loves. And I know it mostly by heart, so when she looks up at my face I look down into her eyes and quote the poem to her: "I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." And she smiles and helps Mommy turn the page. When I'm done with the story, she picks it back up and hands it to me again. Todd came home last night and caught some pictures of us reading our story together.
Lately, Evie has been getting very...affectionate. When I put her down, she tries to climb back into my lap; when she sees me, she smiles and reaches for me. We're little buddies; Evie loves Mommy, and Mommy loves Evie!

No comments:

Post a Comment