Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trunk-or-Treat

Tuesday night was our stake's Trunk-or-Treat night! Usually, that means that everyone comes to the church parking lot, people decorate their trunks, and their kids go around to all the cars to collect their goodies in a safe environment. Sadly, Tuesday night was cold and rainy, so we had to pile into the church building instead.
I only worked from 10-2 on Tuesday, so I got to dress up my little munchkin and be a part of her first Halloween! A week or so ago, I got this really cute costume from work at a quarter of the original price:
Then Todd and I looked all over the place for cute tights/shoes to complete the ensemble. Finally, Tuesday afternoon, we found them at Walmart. Unfortunately, Todd had to work that night, but I promised to take lots of pictures for him. Just before we left, I fed Evie some peaches, gave her a bath, and dressed her up in her cute ladybug costume.
When we got to the church, my niece agreed to be Evie's candy collector while I tried valiantly to keep Evie's hat on her head. But, before we could collect any candy, Evie threw up her peaches--all over her costume. So I ran her to the ladies' room, dodging my visiting teacher in the process, and cleaned her up as best I could with wet paper towels (because, of course, I left her diaper bag at home). My mother-in-law assured me that she couldn't tell that anything had happened to Evie's clothes, and we resumed our candy-begging. Once we were done, I plopped Evie on the floor so we could relax a little. She wasn't her usual charming self because there were bright fluorescent lights, a bazillion people talking loudly in the hallway, and her tummy wasn't feeling happy. She was still the cutest little ladybug ever, though!
Evie has been trying SO hard to crawl lately. She'll get up on her knees and rock back and forth, but she can't quite get her arms and legs coordinated. She came super close, though, when she discovered an abandoned Twizzler on the floor!
Evie finally got her prize, but I then discovered that it had already been gnawed on one end, so I quickly and sneakily exchanged the nasty Twizzler for one that she got in her bag. She didn't notice Mommy's bait-and-switch, and she started telling me all about her fun new candy:
The entire night, her hat with the adorable antennae kept falling off. I think we need to find a bobby pin or some elastic before Halloween night.
Happy Halloweenie, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment