Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Naked Mornings

Most mornings, Todd will get the baby out of her bed, give her a bottle, and then put her in bed with me. Yesterday, he went out to finish working on John and Margot's car while Evie and I played until she fell asleep. She was so sweet curled up on Mommy's pillow, so I just let her sleep while I showered, got dressed, and dried my hair. She woke up well rested and ready to play:
 
On my days off when I get to stay home with Evie, I like to let her play naked for an hour or so in the morning. Usually, we keep her diaper fitting tightly so it doesn't leak, but then it leaves red marks on her skin. So on my mornings off, I take off her pajamas and diaper, clean her bottom, and let her just play on a blanket.Yesterday, I stripped the baby and plopped her onto her blanket so I could run upstairs and get her food, and she immediately started playing:
When I got back, Evie was in the middle of...leaving a deposit! So I hurried and cleaned her bottom again, and switched out her blanket for a matching one. While she was still naked, I fed her the strawberry/banana mixture that I mentioned in my last blog post so she could get all sticky without staining an outfit. Evie liked "helping" Mommy spoon up the food, so in these pictures, she has stickiness all over her face, belly, and leg.
I used a wipie to remove the worst of the mess so she could play a little longer before her bath. With a full tummy, Evie is so much fun to be around!
Finally, it was bathtime! Evie loves splashing in the water and painting Mommy's arm with bubbles.
Often, she decides that her baths are over and she tries to climb out of the tub before I even get a chance to wash her hair, so I have to keep putting her back.When she's finally clean and her bath is really over, Evie loves being wrapped in her cute duckie towel.
Finally, it was time to put some clothes on the cute naked girl. I put this adorable elephant outfit on her for probably the last time; she's growing out of all of her 0-3 months clothes. Evie loves looking at herself in the mirror, so when I put her up so she could see her reflection, she started flirting with herself!
Evie is such a cute, funny, sweet little girl, and she brings such joy to my life! I love being her Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment