Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mommy's Story

A month or so ago, John gave me Margot's old Kindle, which has made finding time to read so much easier. Since it's small, it fits perfectly in my purse so I can read any time I have a spare minute: on my lunch break, at doctors' offices, during car rides, etc. Already, I've read several more books in these past couple of months than in the entire previous year, and it feels good! One book that I read about a week ago was James Patterson's Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas and I loved it!
I'd read it several years ago when I was in middle school and I thought it was great then, but rereading it as a new mother definitely made it hit home for me. This is a beautiful book about a young mother writing a diary for her newborn son, telling him all about her life, her thoughts, and her feelings. It made me laugh, cry, sigh, and snuggle my baby. I think the message is a good one, and several little things resonated strongly with me and helped me connect to the story on a personal level. This might be one of my new favorite books, and it isn't very long, so I was able to read it in a single afternoon. For all of those mothers out there looking for a fantastic and well-written story to read while the kids are napping, I strongly recommend this sweet little book!

No comments:

Post a Comment