Sunday, June 24, 2012

Baby Bargains

Pretty much ever since I started working at Babies "R" Us, I've had my eye on some specific clothes by Carters. All of the pieces mix and match to make all kinds of outfits, and I really wanted to get them for Evie. The only trouble was the cost; I couldn't afford to pay the full price for them, so I was waiting for them to go on clearance. Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I went to work and found the outfits I wanted on super sale! They were marked down from the original price, and then the clearance price was 50% off of the marked down price. Plus, I had my employee discount and a coupon for $5 off of any $25 purchase. I was able to get all of the following, plus another set (a pink dress with white polka dots, and a white cardigan) that I couldn't find the picture for anywhere, for under $45!
Girly 3-Piece Cardigan SetAnimal Print 2-Piece Dress SetShort Sleeve 5-Pack BodysuitsEssential 2-Pack Pants     
Short Sleeve 5-Pack Bodysuits
The pink/brown/white outfits are from the "Just Tickled Pink" line by Carters, and we got them in size 9, which Evie still fits into even though she's 15 months old. The bright pink/yellow/green/orange onesies are also from Carters, and we got them in size 12, which hangs down to her knees!
Another thing I've had my eye on for a while is a side-by-side double stroller. I don't want a tandem stroller because the girls are going to be close enough in age that I really don't want to hear complaints about so-and-so sitting in front and blocking the view of the other one. Unfortunately, I just can't afford shelling out the $250-$300 for a double stroller that we don't technically need. Then I had what I hope is a good idea. I told Todd that we could just get two cheap matching umbrella strollers for about $20 each, get the 3-pack of stroller links for $10, and make our own double stroller for less than 1/5 the price of a "real" one. Then I saw these really cute strollers in our store; they have jungle animals all over them, and would be appropriate for all of our zoo trips. Plus, they were only $15 each! Fortunately for me, there were a couple of days where the price was even cheaper online (only $14 instead of $15), so I used my employee discount, a couple of coupons, and was able to get both strollers for about $20!
We're still planning on getting the stroller links at another time, but it's a good thing we got the strollers when we did because the price is back up now. I just wanted to share the good feeling that comes from being able to pick out new things specifically for my girls without feeling like I'm breaking the bank, and I feel fortunate that I was able to snag these little bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment