Sunday, June 24, 2012

Chubby Cheeks

I'm a horrible friend. The last I posted anything about it, this was the current state of affairs. However, since that time, one particularly big, beautiful, and important thing has happened: Lindsay had her baby! Linds knew what day she was going to be induced, so we were eagerly awaiting news of the happy occurrence. Finally, just as I was getting off work, Matt called me. I asked him to give me 10 minutes to get home, and then I called them back. Little Miss Emma Leigh had entered the world at 3:46 pm on April 5th! She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz, and was 20 inches long. I was so excited to hear the news, and then I saw the pictures!
Aren't those chubby cheeks just the cutest you've ever seen? She's such a little dolly! And I got to see and hold that little dolly on Monday, June 4th, when we were traveling back from our trip to Idaho Falls (that post is still pending)! She was so little! Evie is small for her age, but I forgot just how little and light she started out. Carrying Emma felt like carrying a stuffed doll or teddy bear--no real weight to her at all. Todd said the same thing when I finally handed her over to him, "She's so light! I wouldn't mind carrying a baby all over the place if she felt like this!" (This is mostly because, since I'm only a couple of weeks away from being due, he's the one who gets to carry Evie everywhere. But he really doesn't complain very much at all, and besides, that's what husbands are for, right?) He said he was afraid to shift her around in his arms for fear of accidentally launching her into the air! Holding Emma made me so baby hungry; I can't wait until I get to fill my arms with my own precious (light!) little bundle of baby girl. Congrats, Matt and Linds! We're so happy for you, and we appreciate you letting us steal snuggles and sniffs of your new little girl, as well as kisses of those adorably chubby cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment