Sunday, June 24, 2012

Birthday Plans

This is going to sound silly, but I have a very specific birthday in mind for Ella for very specific reasons. I want her to be born June 28th. I told Todd, half jokingly, that all of our babies have to be born on a multiple of 7 because my birthday is December 28th, his is May 14th, and Evie's is March 21st. Since my due date is July 10th, the only multiples of 7 that she can be born on are June 28th and July 7th. July is out for a couple of reasons. If Ella is born in June, we can have four babies; if she's born in July, we can only have 3. I don't want to have too many birthdays close together because of how wiped out I got planning Evie's party, so if Ella is born in June, their birthdays will be 3 months apart, and we can plan all of our kids to have their birthdays be 3 months apart--4 in a year, spaced equally. If Ella is born in July, though, our kids' birthdays will all have to be 4 months apart, which means we can only have 3 babies so their birthdays will be spaced equally throughout the year. Evie's birthday is 3/21, which I think is a super cute birthday. Wouldn't 6/28 be a cute birthday too? You know, 6+2=8. Cute! Even cuter is the fact that 6/28 is my half birthday. Which brings us to the last reason I really don't want her to come in July, which is the silliest of all, but also the most real. I'm ashamed to admit that I can't remember what month July is when I have to write out dates numerically. I have no trouble remembering that June is the sixth month of the year and August is the eighth. But for some reason, July is a complete blank. I seriously have to count on my fingers to write down my anniversary: "Let's see, January (1), February (2), March (3), April (4), May (5), June (6), July (7). Ah! My anniversary is 7/25!" It's super sad, but true, and I want to be able to remember and write down my daughter's birthday without having to count it up every time. When I mentioned this to someone, I don't remember who, they told me to just have her on July 7th. It still fits my multiple of 7 rule, and her birthday would be 7/7--hopefully making it easier for me to remember. Unfortunately, that still restricts us to only having 3 babies. Plus, I just don't want to wait that long!
Obviously, most of this is tongue-in-cheek. We'll be happy to have her whenever she decides to come, and her birthday will always be special to us because it's the day that she joins our family. Mostly, I'm just impatient and want her here sooner rather than later. But I'll be happy with whatever birthday she chooses. Except for the 4th of July...

No comments:

Post a Comment