Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Spot of "Claire"-ity

Ever since we found out we were having another little girl, I've had her name up on the pregnancy timeline at the top of my blog page. But I've never had the opportunity to explain it, and my mom finally asked for an explanation. Evie's nickname is my little "Rae of Sunshine," a play on her middle name, Rae, and her sunny disposition. Ella's nickname is my little "Spot of Claire-ity," a play on her middle name, Claire, and the different perspective I've had this time around. With my first pregnancy, I was more high-strung and worried about every little unexpected thing that happened. This time, I'm much calmer. I've been through it before, and know better what to expect. When I think about my little girl, everything else falls away, and I feel a sense of peace. I haven't been as outwardly excited during this pregnancy as I was last time, and I've sometimes been concerned about that, thinking that maybe I won't love Ella as much as I do Evie. But I've come to realize that I do feel a deep joy that nothing else can touch. I am so happy to be bringing this little one into the world, and I cannot wait to hold her in my arms, look into her perfect little face, and fall as deeply in love as I am with her big sister.
It helps that I can already tell that some of that peace and clarity come from Ella herself. She's been a much calmer baby than her sister was and is. She was more accommodating during her ultrasound than Evie was, and I think she's going to be a more easygoing baby once she's born. This is not to say that Evie is a difficult baby-she's not at all-but her personality is more like mine than Todd's. She's high-strung and bouncy like me, but I have a clear sense that Elizabeth is going to be more like her Daddy: calm and peaceful. I'm sure she'll have some of me in her somewhere, but she seems Todd-like so far. Although, Todd and I have very similar senses of humor, which Evie definitely possesses in large degree. And I think that little Ella will possess it too, and will fit perfectly into our family.
Reading back over this post, it seems really rambly, but it all comes down to one thing. Elizabeth is my little "Spot of Claire-ity" because when I think about her, everything makes sense. I feel peace and know that everything will be all right. I can see a clear little picture of the future, one in which I have my happy little family around me, full of love and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment