Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Special Lullaby

Okay, I need help fast! Our baby can be born anytime now, and I still haven't picked out her special "Mommy song." Evie's is "You Are My Sunshine," a song that only I sing to her, and I sing to only her. I talked about the significance for us in this post, and now I need something equally significant and fitting for little Elizabeth. I don't want a hugely long song, just something lullaby length--comparable to her sister's song. The only thing even close that I've been able to come up with so far is the "I Love You" song, made famous by Barney. It's about the right length and tells her I love her and that she's special to me, but it also feels a little...generic. "You Are My Sunshine" fits with Evie because she is sunshine personified. "I Love You" is sweet, but you can sing it to any baby; it doesn't have any special tie to my precious daughter. I guess if all else fails, I can use it, but if anyone out in the cosmos has any perfect ideas, please share them before little Ella decides to make her grand debut! Thanks!
(Oh, that's right: we finally decided on a nickname for the little munchkin. Lightning finally struck on the perfect name, and I felt a little silly that I hadn't thought of it before, because I've always loved the name Ella. It just clicks and feels right. Hooray!)

No comments:

Post a Comment