Sunday, June 24, 2012

Father's Day

For Father's Day this year, I custom designed a t-shirt for Todd on cafepress.com. However, I knew it wasn't going to get here in time for him to open it on Father's Day, so I also bought him a couple of movies out of the $5 bin at Walmart so that he would have something to open on his special day. We gave him "Get Smart" and "The Pursuit of Happyness." For dinner, I made him chicken enchiladas.
  
His shirt finally came on Wednesday, and he promptly changed into it. Of course, only a couple of hours afterwards, Evie finally succumbed to the tummy bug that's been floating around our extended family for the last couple of weeks, and threw up all over him and his brand-new shirt. She was not a happy camper; she was scared and hurting, so Todd took her upstairs and drew them both a bath while I cleaned up the mess on the floor and started some laundry.
After church today, Todd came home and changed into his shirt. He says he really likes it, and I guess I'm now allowed to post a picture of it without ruining the surprise for him:




Happy belated Father's Day, Todd! Your girls sure do love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment